Homeschooling Programs – Choosing the Right one for your Child
Looking for the most appropriate homeschool programs for your child? Choosing the best homeschooling program for your child is important for the reason that it will greatly influence the foundation of academic, emotional, spiritual and practical skills growth of a child. Therefore, it is advisable for parent to choose only the best and most appropriate homeschooling program or curriculum for their child.
Types of Homeschooling Programs:
Deciding on a home school program is dependent on the core values that you want to teach your child. You may also include spiritual belief or choose non religious programs in your child homeschool curriculum. Such programs consist of Christian or secular homeschool programs.
Besides the spiritual aspect of education, the learning levels of your child is also important. Preschoolers’ homeschool programs evolve around discovery and basic learning skills and ABCs.
As for middle schools and high school kids, homeschool program focuses on academics, spiritual, physical education and more. The methods are different in each levels of homeschooling education. What to look for in a good homeschool program Parents should be wise in choosing the best homeschool program for their child.
There are various things to consider on deciding for the best program.
First is the homeschool program’s quality. Assess if the curriculum they use is world class, cutting edge and uses state of the art education resources.
Second, is the availability of the homeschool curriculum. Is it available 24/7?
Third, check if the curriculum that they’re offering is State accredited. Are they providing graduating students with diploma?
Fourth, consider your child’s learning styles and your homeschool core values, philosophy and methodologies as well.
Finally, make sure that the lessons in the homeschool program are constructed for self teaching. This will allow the child to practice dependency. Look also for a program that is interactive to make the lessons livelier for your child.
According to several credited homeschool websites, the following are the best in the field.
1. Saxon – part of Harcourt Archieve. Saxon’s Homeschool curriculum edge is on the basic subjects such as Math, phonics and early learning.
2. Center for Living – they provide homeschooling materials to public, private and parochial schools.
3. Curriculum Associates – their material is centered on Reading, language and mathematics. They also offer test preparation , study skills and assessment exams.
4. Bridgeway Academy – provides extensive homeschool programs from kindergarten to high school. They also have biblical worldview curriculum.
5. iQ Academy – award winning, tuition free curriculum for grades 6-12, innovative education approach.
6. ACE Lighthouse Christian Academy – self instructional, educational assistance and accredited diploma
7. Citizens’s High School – accredited high school completion program.
8. Global Student Network – cost effective comprehensive online curriculum.
9. Keystone National High School – accredited, national private school for middle and HS students who want a flexible and customized education.
10. K12 – easy to use, comprehensive and customizable.
To conclude, parents’ role in a child’s education is certainly important. Choosing the best program for your child is a big responsibility. In return, your child’s learning capabilities will greatly develop and improve.
Looking for a homeschool curriculum? Finding the best homeschool programs is important, we have fantastic information for such in our site. Feel free to visit our site today.